© ChrisW Designs 2011- 2013. All Rights Reserved
The Evelyn handbag is not only practical BUT stylish too!
Complete with two zippered pockets (One exterior and one inside)
to keep your valuables secure. Two elasticized exterior pockets for your phone or
keys, 3 additional inside pockets as well as a pen pocket.
With a little patience it is easy to make! Dress it up with some nice shiny rivets &
bag feet or keep it simple! The choice is yours!
Finished bag size =
Approx. 33cm (13") X 20cm (8") X 10cm ( 4")
The pdf pattern for the Evelyn handbag/purse has 38 pages of instructions which include 67 step by step colour photos.
There are 6 photos of the finished bag, printing instructions and a ruler to check scale. 10 Pattern pieces are included as
are measurements for both Metric and Imperial!
PLUS a TEXT ONLY version of the instructions (8 pages) comes bundled with your pattern for printing purposes, should
you not need or wish to print all of the photos! Simply refer to your electronic versions for photos if needed! Saves on ink!
You will Need:
• Exterior Fabric: 90 cm (1 Yard) of 112cm (40") wide fabric.
• Lining Fabric: 70cm (28") of 112cm (40") wide fabric
• Fusible Interfacing: Mid weight - 50cm (½ Yard) Or light
weight for home dec & heavier.
• Fusible Fleece. I used Vilene H 640 -50cm (½ Yard)
• Matching Thread. (I use Gutermann Polyester)
• 1 piece of 7cm X 31.7cm (2" x 12½") 7 mesh plastic canvas for base.
(Trim corners off) OR alternatively you can also use template plastic or
similar firm material.
• 2 X 18cm (7") zippers or longer, cut down to size. One to match the exterior and
one to match the lining.
• 4 X bag feet
• 16 X 6mm (¼") rivets (Optional)
• 9" of 6mm (¼") elastic for side pockets
• 1 X 18mm (6/8") Magnetic Snap closure
• 5 oval (or rectangle) rings 30mm (1 3/16") across (inside measurement) and
no more than 20mm (13/16") deep (inside measurement).
• Your sewing machine and additional zipper foot
• Scissors & Rotary Cutter and mat (optional)
• Fading marker or chalk
• Pins & hand sewing needle
• Seam/stitch ripper
• Tape measure
• Safety Pin (for turning straps etc) or Bodkin
• Hammer or rivet setting tools (optional)
Fabric & Hardware Suggestions:
This bag makes up great in home dec fabric and faux suede and also makes up
nicely in quilting weight fabrics, light weight denim & canvas. Need hardware? Unless temporarily out of stock, you will
find hardware kits for Evelyn in my Etsy store by
Sign Up Today!
<Back to shop...
Evelyn in Amy Butler fabric
One of the most fun parts about making your own bags is choosing the fabrics!
Here Evelyn is shown in a wonderful Amy Butler print.
A shot of Evelyn’s Interior
Loads of pockets are included to keep your contents organised!
Matilda Dance Tote
The Eve Clutch
The Kiss Clutch