So by now I hope everyone has recovered from the silly season and are all ready for a sew along? Well Ellen has been busy preparing one of her beaut blog sew alongs, this time it’s the Amy Backpack….just in time for new Aussie pre-schoolers, kindies and primary kids starting the new school year.
PLUS, to celebrate the New Year and all the awesome sew alongs ahead of us, you can grab the pattern from my Craftsy shop right up until the 15th, for 20% off at $7.95!
The Amy Backpack is also great for boys too:
You will Need:
- Exterior Fabric: 75 cm (¾ Yard) of 112cm (40”) wide fabric.
- Lining Fabric: 90cm (1 yard) of 112cm (40”) wide fabric
- Fusible Interfacing: Mid weight – 50cm (½ Yard) ) of 112cm (40”) wide interfacing.
- Fusible Fleece: 50cm (½ Yard”)- Light weight. I used Vilene H 630 – 40cmW (16”)
- Matching Thread. (I use Gutermann Polyester)
- 1 piece of firm single side fusible peltex – 23cm X 10cm (9” x4”) for base OR alternatively you can use any similar firm single side fusible stabilizer.
- 1 X 48cm (19”) zipper to match exterior (You can cut down a larger one if you need to) for the top
- 1 X 20cm (8”) zipper to match exterior fabric for the front pocket
- 25.5cm (10”) of 14mm (½”) elastic for front pockets
- 23cm (9”) of 6mm (¼”) elastic for side pockets
- 1 X 2.5cm (1”) (approx.) Decorative button for elastic zipper pocket
- 4X Bag Feet
- Scraps of interfacing and peltex
The sew along starts here on the blog and in our Facebook group, on the 15th January. Running until the end of January….but of course, the blog steps will remain up so you can take longer if you need to!
We hope you will join us! 🙂
If you don’t have it already, you can grab the pattern for the Amy Backpack HERE!