The Penny Inn PDF Pattern
FREE VIDEO TUTORIAL ON YOUTUBE!
The wallet sewing pattern for the Penny Inn is comprehensive. The wallet will surprise you with just how much stuff you can pack in there, including your mobile phone! You can keep your cards, cash and receipts all organised. Make good use of one of the zipper pockets to stash some cash away for a rainy day!
The Penny Inn wallet features a gorgeous flip lock main compartment closure which opens into:
- 8 card slots with optional slip pocket
- Two large slip pocket
- A zippered coin section
- An additional zipper pocket
- A phone slip pocket.
The second wallet section, secured by a snap tab, features an additional 12 card pockets. It also has an ID window and a slip pocket as well as another zipper pocket.
You can choose to add a wrist strap, or an adjustable cross body strap. Both are secured via detachable hooks so why not make both straps so you can swap them as desired! Or remove them completely so you can pop your wallet in your bag instead.
Approx. size when closed and empty: W 21cm X 11cm X D 4cm (W 8 ¼” X H 4 3/8” X D 1 ½”)
FREE Video Course Available NOW! You can find the playlist HERE!
The wallet sewing pattern for The Penny Inn wallet has a full requirements list. Included are suggestions on where to obtain the Decovil 1. There are 52 pages of comprehensive instructions which include 128 step by step colour photos.
There are printing instructions and test squares to check your scale. Cutting measurements are provided PLUS 23 Pattern pieces are included – YOU choose which you prefer to use! (Except where a pattern piece is required such as for a shaped piece – 8 shaped pieces are included!)
PLUS a TEXT ONLY version of the instructions (15 pages) comes bundled with your pattern for printing purposes, should you not need or wish to print all of the photos! Simply refer to your electronic versions for photos if needed! Saves on ink!’
There is also a special FREE Supplement available in my Facebook group to make an alternative interior of extra pockets in place of one bank of 8 card slots.
• Exterior fabric: 1 X piece W30 cm x H 38cm (W12” x H 15”) If not making Straps and 45cm (1/2 Yard) if making Straps
• Exterior contrast: 1 X piece W 24cm X H 8cm (W 9” X H 3 1/8”)
• Lining fabric: 90cm (1 yard) of 112cm (44”) wide fabric
• Fusible woven interfacing: Pellon Shape-Flex SF101, 45cm (1/2 yard) (or length of Strap interfacing, if making)
• Vilene Decovil 1: 1 X piece W 25.5cm x H 41cm (W 10” X H 16”) (or substitute with Peltex)
• Pellon 809 Décor Bond (or other firm non-woven interfacing): W 25.5cm X H 25.5cm (W 10” X H 10”)
• Matching thread (I have used Aurifil Cotton 40wt)
• 3 X 20cm (8”) or longer dress zippers
• Small piece of clear vinyl for ID pocket
• Fusible fleece: small scrap for the Tab Closure
• 1 X 12.5mm metal snap button (or similar)
• 1 X large flip lock W 55mm X H 25mm; closed height 33mm (W 2 1/8” X H 1”; closed height 1 5/16”)
• 2 X metal corners (optional)
• 2 X 2cm (3/4”) hooks (inner diameter) (optional for adjustable strap)
• 1 X 2cm (3/4”) slider (inner diameter) (optional for adjustable strap)
• 1 X 2cm (3/4”) hook (inner diameter) (optional for wrist strap)
• 2 X 2cm (3/4”) D rings (optional for attaching straps)
• 4 X 6mm X 8mm (cap) rivets (optional)
• 2 X 25cm (10”) cable ties OR 18cm (7”) of 5mm wide boning (recommended BUT optional)
• Double sided Wonder Tape
• Fray stopper (optional) & craft glue (I use Gutermann HT2 or E6000)